Friday, October 19, 2012

How to Have a Whole New Closet

A couple weeks ago Kaitlin posted about having nothing to wear when you look in your closet. I found another post that talks about repurposing the clothes you already have to gain a whole new closet. I love how it talks about style being ethical.

Today, we want an ever-changing array of cheap clothes, and we rarely think about sustainability or quality. That means that in order to consume clothes more ethically, we must change the way we think about them.

So, if you have a piece of clothing that you love, think about how you can repurpose it. Then you can continue to wear it. 

Another thing it mentions, that is so important to remember, is that you don't have to start big. If you don't know how to sew, start small and simply take in the waist or move a seam.

If you have any tips for repurposing clothes, let us know in the comments below. Or if you have suggestions for future tutorials.

This weekend we are going to be working on our first video with tips on successful thrifting, so be on the lookout for it! 

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.