Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Refashionista: Turning Rags into Riches

Hey everyone! In her The Young and the Seamstress: Why every young woman should learn to sew! post, Kaitlin mentioned the blogger ReFashionista. When I first started looking at refashion blogs, I stumbled onto Jillian's blog and fell in love. 

This past year (July 2011-July 2012) she refashioned a piece of clothing every single day. WOW! Then, she also donated all the clothes she refashioned to a local store where the profits went to a woman's shelter. It is amazing what she can do with a hideous piece of clothing that seems to have reached the end of it's life. If you think that our first project's before dresses were bad, just take a look at some of her projects and be blown away! 

Here is a video of Jillian on ABC showing off her skills and some of her creations.


I think that she is absolutely precious and so talented. She has a totally unique way of looking at clothes and seeing the potential in every piece of clothing. Also, if you're a newbie to sewing, she has a ton of no-sew projects as well. So, don't be too intimidated. Now, get some inspiration and go make your own creations!

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.