Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween: Thrift Your Costume!

In our last Halloween post, we talked about ideas for making your own costume for Halloween. But what if you don't have time to make your own? Then, just run to your local thrift store. Many will have a special section this time of year especially for costumes. But, if you want a costume that is unique or difficult to find, get a little creative and search the racks for different pieces that could work together for your costume.

However, before you go to the thrift store, look around your house and see if there is anything that you can use. Two years ago, I went to a bowling Halloween party and about three hours before had nothing to wear. So, I went to Party City and got a kit that had black cat ears and a tail. Then, I grabbed a black dress, stocking, and shoes I had at home, drew on some whiskers with eyeliner and Voila! I had a cute costume and barely had to spend anything.

If you need a little inspiration, this website has 9 great thrift store costumes and some of the stuff you may be able to find around your house. 

So, remember to get creative this Halloween and let us know what you're dressing up as! Happy Halloween!

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.