Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween: Make your own costume!

It's almost Halloween and I am really excited! I always loved it as a kid. My favorite outfit was always a cat. However, I now know why my mom always tried to make us one instead of buying one for us. Costumes can cost anywhere from $45 to $75! Who wants to spend that much when you can just as easily make your own?

Luckily, we don't have to if we are willing to get a little creative. There are so many websites that can give you ideas and instructions for costumes. This one has 22 Last-minute ideas like these grapes costumes.
The website also has one on 30 Unexpected Costumes like Rock, Paper, Scissors, if you have a group going.



My favorite though has to be this blog with 29 homemade Halloween costumes. I love the Fred and Wilma one. I think one year I might get Kyle to go with me as this.

So, if you have any parties or are taking someone trick-or-treating, save your self some money and make your costume.

Comment below and let us know what you/your kids/ your spouse are dressing up like for Halloween and send us a picture of them so we can see other ideas too.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.