Monday, June 2, 2014

there is no title fit for this, except maybe love and other joys in sorrow.

My family. I wasn't born to all of you, but you're family all the same.

Today I'm amazed at how blessed I have been. Our family and dearest friends are grieving over the loss of our beautiful, loving, life-filled, unique, and joyful friend Ginny. Yesterday morning she parted from the world, surrounded by her husband and children. Cancer isn't holding her hostage anymore. And though we are so sad, we are so incredibly grateful to have had her in our lives. Our hearts are in California with these ones we hold so dear.

Thankful for the example of what love and friendship should look like from these two.

I was born with a great family, and I am so lucky that I have more family than I was born with, though these lovely people became family soon after my birth. My childhood would look so different without them. Our "framily" is a wonderful gift. And we know that Martha, our other dear friend who left too soon years ago, was there to meet Ginny in Heaven. What a beautiful gift God gave us in these friendships turned family.

I am so glad that all of the people we love were able to be with us on this day. To have them come from the opposite coast...words don't do it justice.

How lovely that in grief we can celebrate the amount of love and joy she gave us. 

How blessed I am to have more family than I was born with.

Please keep our dear, dear framily in your prayers as they begin to pick up the pieces.

Revelations 21:40 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.