Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why Repurpose?

Repurposing has so many benefits. One of my favorites is the fact that you can save so much money by doing it, and in this economy, almost everyone tries to save as much as they can. A study found that Americans spend an average of $1,700 a year on clothing and accessories. So instead of going to a department store and spending $20 on a skirt, you could get a “granny dress” from a thrift store and transform it into a cute and fashionable skirt and spend about $3 instead. Little things like this can ultimately save a lot of money every year.
Another thing that is awesome about repurposing is the fact that, as Kaitlin has said, you get to decide how the project turns out and get to be creative in doing it. When we were doing our From Granny Dress to SweetSkirt tutorial, my skirt didn’t fit right at first, but after some quick alterations it fit my waist perfectly. You can also design it to fit your personal style as well.
If you aren’t very creative or aren’t sure how to sew, it’s great to be able to find tutorials online to help you. A great place to find tutorials and ideas for repurposing is Pinterest, which is a virtual pinboard where you can organize different thing found on the web.
I am definitely most excited to work on some t-shirt repurposing because I think that it is amazing the different things that can be done with a simple t-shirt.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.