Thursday, September 27, 2012

Meet the Bloggers: Kaitlin


Hello lovely readers! I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I’m Kaitlin, a 21 year old senior in college (eek! Graduation time!) and I LOVE to sew. Most people think of their grandmas when they think about a sewing machine, but when I look at a needle and thread I see nothing but possibilities. The best thing about it is that you can be the designer. What you make is exactly what you want, and you never have to compromise like you do when you go shopping.

Over the years I have really fallen in love with clothes. I mean really. When I moved into my first dorm over half of what I packed for the move was my wardrobe. My wallet wasn’t exactly thrilled with my addiction to all things fashion, so I started looking for ways to save money and still look good. First I discovered Ross and TJ Maxx (what magical, magical stores), and then….I discovered Hancock Fabrics. I started scouring the racks to find the best deals on fabric I loved, and learned when the $1 pattern sale was happening, and thus began my adventures in a homemade wardrobe.

Lately, though, just sewing from a pattern hasn’t really been enough. I have been wanting a little more adventure, and a little more of a challenge. So what did I do? Go to Goodwill, naturally! With most of the clothes costing less than $8 and wildly oversized, there was a whole world of undiscovered fashion waiting to be made! Plus, it’s way more eco-friendly to upcycle and repurpose, and as all my friends and family will tell you, I’m a sucker for ways to go green.

When Elizabeth and I started classes this semester, we were given the opportunity to design our own project for the semester. I had been thinking about a sewing blog for MONTHS, and was so excited to finally have a reason to get started. We sat down and started brainstorming, and Sew my Soul was born!

Buckle up, girls! We’re about to change the way you look at sewing for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.