Friday, September 28, 2012

Meet the Bloggers: Elizabeth

Hey everyone! I’m Elizabeth, a junior in college and communications major. When Kaitlin and I were thinking about projects and she suggested repurposing, I immediately thought of two things, my grandma and Pinterest.

When I was young, my grandparent’s basement was always filled with toys and, as a girly girl, my favorites, of course, were the Barbies. One of my favorite things to do with my grandma was to sew Barbie clothes and various accessories for them. She would let me pick out the fabric and taught me how to use a pattern and a sewing machine. She was the one who opened my eyes to how much fun sewing can be.

And who can think about much of anything these days without it somehow relating to Pinterest. When I joined Pinterest, I realized the amazing things that can be done with a simple T-shirt. The more involved I got, the more I realized the amazing things that can be done with all kinds of clothes.

The problem was, because I live in the dorms and don’t have access to a sewing machine and also am lacking in experience, I haven’t been able to do any of the projects. So, when I got the chance to learn from Kaitlin and actually get to work on repurposing projects, I was so excited and I can’t wait to get started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think...leave me a note and I promise I'll do my best to reply!

*Opinions are more than welcome on this blog, same as or different than mine. However, hateful words are not allowed and I reserve the right to remove comments that are clearly malicious in nature towards myself or others.